Chemicals That Are Used In Pest Control In Brisbane
Pest control involves the use of chemicals to treat the invasion of pests both in residential and commercial buildings. It is essential to know the active ingredients of the chemicals being used in pest control. These chemicals must pass the standards set by a governing body before they can be sold in the market.
Regardless of the ingredients and labels of the products used by pest control in Brisbane, it is of utmost importance to approach the use of these products with extra caution and care. It is advisable to use protective equipment, use a safe place to store the products, and ensure good ventilation of the place. You must ask the safety plan of the pest control provider, the products they are going to use, and the length of time before you can go back to the treated area. This is crucial for the safety of everybody in the household.
The following are the chemical ingredients used in pest control in Brisbane that provides pest control services to homeowners:
- Arsenic Trioxide – this is in the form of powder and commonly used in commercial insecticides. It can be applied in multiple ways. This pesticide does not cause major risks when one is in direct contact, however, when it is ingested by pets and humans as well as airborne dust, it can pose a great danger to the person.
- Deltamethrin – this is the same as the natural insect repellents from plants except that it is artificial and poses potential hazards to people.
- Fipronil – this chemical attacks the nervous system of pests and insects and causes great damage to your eyes and skin. It also causes nausea, dizziness, sweating, vomiting, and sometimes seizures.
- Bifenthrin – this is not soluble which water cannot remove the traces for a period. Skin contact has minimal irritation effects, but when ingested by pets and humans can cause serious ailments.
- Hydramethylnon – this is commonly used in treating ant, termite, and cockroach infestations. It has low toxicity, but inhalation or ingestion can cause discomfort.
Knowledge of the different ingredients of chemicals is important to be able to take precautionary actions when doing pest control procedures in your homes. It will keep you informed of the dangers and hazards these chemicals can do to the person.