Different Designs Of Basin And Vanity Unit Sets
Before you purchase that basin and vanity unit that you have been eyeing for, it is important that you have the right information and you have checked on several options. For all you know, there might be more functional designs suitable for you. Here are some designs that you may consider:
- Top-mount sink. This is one of the most commonly used basins. As the name suggests, it is designed to be placed on top of the counter. While some basins are placed below the counter with nothing but their rim showing off, top-mount sink can be seen on top of the counter at its entirety. Top-mount can be easily installed and does not require extensive plumbing during installation.
- Undermount sink. This is in contrast to the top-mount sink. The undermount sink is fixed on the underside of the countertop giving itself a seamless, polished look which can also be cleaned easily.
- Wall-mounted sink. This type of basin is attached directly to the wall and does not require countertop. It provides a minimalist appeal to the room making it look more modern than other designs. The downside of this design is that, it doesn’t allow any storage under the sink. However, it makes the space look bigger. All of its plumbing and waste are tucked and positioned behind the wall for an even cleaner look.
- Pedestal sink. This type of sink is suitable for classic themed basin and vanity sets. It does not require elaborate piping and plumbing redesigning since you only need your pipe to go through the floor, which is usually the design of old sinks.
- Washplane sink. Washplane sinks are commonly used basin and vanity unit sets in modern restaurants and hotel bathrooms. They are simple yet sleek and they are also slim and stylish. A washplane sink would take up minimal space in your bathroom, allowing you to place more storage and other furnishings in your bathroom.
Vessel sink. Vessel sink looks like a big bowl on top of your countertop. It is totally exposed and demands attention once you enter the bathroom. It looks modern and stylish and can serve as the centrepiece of your bathroom.