How Much Do You Have To Pay Tradespeople These Days?
If you haven’t hired a tradie for the last few years, you might not be in the loop of how much tradespeople charge these days. To avoid getting scammed or to prepare yourself for any services you might need inside the home, the latest survey revealed how much tradespeople including Brisbane plumber are charging these days. Based on the survey, the cheapest tradies in Australia can be found in Victoria but their plumbers are not so cheap.
In fact, their highest paying tradies in the garden state are their plumbers. They now hold the title for the most expensive fee per hour in Australia. This title was previously bagged by plumbers from Western Australia.
According to the national list released indicating tradies’ hourly rates, the numbers came from 52,000 quotes sent during the first quarter of the fiscal year 2017 to 2018. The hourly rate is exclusive of taxes. For a trader going solo, they are responsible for a number of business’ spending such as labour, tools, superannuation, work vehicles and insurance.
Here is the list of tradespeople that will charge you a lot more:
- Plumbers in Victoria have increased their hourly rate by 21 per cent to $91.21 per hour.
- Plumbers in New South Wales have increased by 16 per cent to $85.98 per hour.
- Builders in Southern Australia have increased by 29 per cent to $77.76 per hour.
- Electricians in Southern Australia have increased by 26 per cent to $79.13 per hour.
- Plasterers in Western Australia have increased by 20 per cent to $59.29 per hour.
- Plasterers in Southern Australia have increased by 18 per cent to $47.68 per hour.
For the past few years, there is a residential construction boom in parts of NSW and Queensland. This is the main reason why the general earning capacity of the tradespeople in those areas is higher by average.
In the south such as in the case of Victoria, there are ongoing rail projects as well as road projects in the area. Therefore, they are currently having a shortage of tradespeople in some areas thus the hourly rates have also climbed. Looking at Queensland plumbers, which also include Brisbane plumber, their hourly rate climbed by 4 per cent from $79.77 to $82.64.