Japanese Trucking And Relocation Company Yamato To Open Joint Venture In Malaysia
Yamato, Japan’s largest relocation company launches its cross-border services for relocation in Thailand and Malaysia.
Thai-Myanmar Cross-Border Trade
The Yamato group has established a joint venture in Myanmar amounting to USD 500,000 in order to provide relocation in Thailand and Myanmar, as well as cross-border trade, and delivery of small cargoes for business and household. The venture was set up in partnership with Aye International Group Co (AIG), a company in Myanmar. Yamato takes up 80% of the shares while AIG owns the remaining 20%.
Relocation Services Before
Before the joint venture with AIG, Yamato used to be limited in its scope such that they could only offer import and export forwarding services in Myanmar, as well as cross-border transport from other Asian countries. It did not include Thailand at the time. According to their President, Masaki Yamauchi, they already have plans for inland courier and logistics services that would be in place very son. The managing director of Yamato in Myanmar, Yohei Kubo, adds that the courier service is expected to allow products from various companies like automobile and other retail shops to be distributed to various parts of the country, helping in the facilitation of e-commerce both in Thailand and Myanmar.
Yohei Kubo further explains that the company will focus on overseas moving services as well as cross-border trucking and relocation services. The company prides itself in quick turn around of products around the world. The influx of Japanese investments in other countries would also require management of relocation, transport, and delivery, and the group sees the trend as an advantage for the company to expand its services to even more countries.
Globalisation has paved the way for companies to offer their goods and services to clients and customers from all over the world, but once transactions involve tangible materials such as products, work items, raw materials, and other similar items, logistics becomes more complicated, especially when products need to cross the border. Mr. Kubo explains that the trend would eventually require a company that would provide tax clearance for such occasions, to expedite the process and allow the transport of goods and products to be faster and more efficient.