Tips To Have A Safe And Enjoyable Ride From Dealership To Home
Buying a cool motorcycle is a dream come true for many biking enthusiasts. After all the hard work of searching for dealers, deciding on specific model and brand and arranging the finance and insurance, you have successfully made the purchase. The next step is to take the delivery of the motorcycle and ride it home. Many dealerships offer home delivery of the motorcycle, but charge extra fee for the service. Moreover, most of the bikers prefer to take the first ride from the dealership to home by themselves.
If you want to take the delivery of the motorbike in the Wheels Honda dealership and ride it home, here is a simple procedure that will help you to have a safe and enjoyable first ride of your dream machine.
- The first step is to plan the route beforehand. Make sure to use the route you are familiar with. Avoid taking shortcuts and small alleys on your first ride. Plan the route between the Wheels Honda dealership and your home and stick to the route plan.
- Try to avoid peak traffic hours. This is especially applicable to new bikers, who do not have adequate experience. Choose a time when the route from the dealership to your home will be relatively traffic free.
- Before starting the bike and zooming away, know about the operation of different controls on the bike. Sit on the bike and get a feel of the bike. Try to lift it from the side stand, adjust the mirrors, get a feel of the brakes and clutch operation etc. This will help you to familiarize yourself with the different operations and controls of the bike. The salesperson at the Wheels Honda dealership will help you in every step.
- Check the fuel in the bike. Most of the reputed dealerships deliver motorbikes with full tank. However, be sure to check the tank before you start the journey.
- Start the bike. Use the pilots checklist taught during the training course and start the bike. Ride slowly and safely until you familiarize with driving a new bike.
- Carry your riding gear and safety gear along. Always keep the driver’s license with you. If you are a new biker, you can buy good quality safety and riding gear at Wheels Honda merchandise.