The Performance Of The Cottage Industry In UK
The Holiday as well as the pet friendly luxury self catering Cottage industry is steadily growing and expanding. This improvement in the industry is happening as more holiday makers are now looking for stay-cation rather than going to places abroad. It is for this reason that the search volumes for the holiday cottages especially in Europe has peaked twice in a year according to reliable reports.
Moreover, holiday cottages and pet friendly luxury self catering cottages in Scotland are relatively popular among tourists as well as locals in the country.
It is to be noted though that in the early months of 2013, the holiday cottage search volume saw a drop in its volume but it immediately gained momentum and registered an overall increase in volume throughout the entire year. This data revealed that the market for the cottage industry is growing at a very strong pace. Last year also proved to be another fruitful year for the industry. A lot of cottage owners have refurbished their homes and placed in more pampering amenities in order to take advantage of the growing number of people interested in holiday cottages.
The report supporting the claim that the holiday cottage industry is growing comes from top 49 websites that rent out Holiday and luxury cottages to local and international vacationers. Their top findings are as follows:
– There were 12 out of the 29 websites that were analyzed were down compared to the average industry growth compared to other websites. The period where the data came from was from August 2013 to August 2014.
– The website that registered the highest number of visits and bookings was Oliverstravels.co.uk. The said website had an 114300 percent increase in its organic searches for the years 2013 and 2014.
– The website that took the hardest hit during the years 2013 to 2014 was Cottagesdirect.co.uk which recorded a significant decline of -65 percent.
– Out of the 49 websites, 15 websites actually were seen to be not performing well.
– The website Holidaylettings.co.uk on the other hand showed favorable short-term-ranking potential as it registered thousands of keywords on page 2 or 3 of the search engine.